May 21, 2016

Poncho Man's Super Extreme Extreme Rules Preview

I think last year I did a post where everything was super "extreme" and I repeated "extreme" a bunch. I think last year Extreme Rules was probably really stupid. Maybe I should read my preview?

Remembering dreams is the best. I wish I did more often, but it's usually less than seldom for me. Sometimes I wake up from night terrors and don't remember them. Which is better than remembering them. Traumatic Stress!

I'm currently watching Lady Dynamite on Netflix and avoiding watching the Lions Gate Project....mostly because I want to actually pay attention to that sweet sweet Jay White.....

Baron Corbin vs Nick in an Extreme Rules Match on the Preshow
I was thinking about the thought that once a guy gets over...they don't really have to have them do anything compelling for people to be passionate about them. We all have mildly passionate "what the fuck are they doing with him? what is this shit?" feelings, but it doesn't really matter...because we kinda care about Nick (based on a storyline 4ish years ago?) and we'll be mildly upset when End Of Days beats the shit out of him. 

Or Will We? Dun Dun Duuun

The Usos vs The Club in a Tornado Match
I wish I liked The Usos so I'd be more excited. Does The Club really go over here? Maybe it's a schmoz.....maybe they'll do my favorite trope that hasn't been done in a long time and the match continues throughout the show. I like that trope.

Dean Ambrose vs Chris Jericho in an Asylum Match
Isn't this a TNA thing? Are they really just stealing from TNA? So yeah, Chris Jericho is really fucking awesome at getting heat in a weird fun stilted way, and Dean Ambrose is really really bad at being weird and stilted. So there is a mop and bucket hanging above the ring...so obviously Kenny Omega is gonna show up? I'm confused.

The Miz vs Cesaro vs Sami Zayn vs Kevin Owens for the Intercontinental Championship
Steal the show? Maybe. Ummmm....this stuff is good. I think we probably all enjoy it....and hate to admit that the intercontinental champ is pretty good....Ick. Feel dirty. Super dirty.

Kalisto vs Rusev for the United States Championship
I really love Kalisto, he's the best true babyface on the roster....but he's going to be wrestling the sexy sexy sexy Rusev. Kalisto is really lucky to be able to get close and smell him. Rusev is going to keep him really safe, defeat him, and Kalisto will whisper "this was my pleasure sir."

Charlotte vs Natalya for the Women's Championship
I think Ric is banned from the ring and it's a submission match. Will Charles Robinson be the ref? Maybe Ric will be incognito? Maybe this will lead to Sasha's "big return?" I don't know.

The New Day vs The Vaudevillians for the W W E World Heavy Weight Tag Team Champion Ship
Are The Vaudevillians over as heels or are they getting "we don't care" heat? I can't decide. Can you? Who knows? 

I really enjoy the work of Missi Pyle. She's hilarious and has a great band. 

Roman Reigns vs AJ Styles in an Extreme Rules match for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship
Hopefully this match is really good and less overbooked than the last one....cause the last one was really good minus all that interruption shit. I have high hopes. Who knows what could happen!? I think that's exciting...which means that this PPV is already better than last year's Extreme Rules. 

Booking has been better lately. I enjoy intriguing television. Speaking of which, I didn't know Maria 
Bamford was funny until today. Like no clue whatsoever. I'd only heard her name.
Jammy. I like wearing them. 

3 comments:

  1. Nice. I remember that ExTrEmE post! Scdub classic. Coincidentally, Al & I tuned into Bamford's Dynamite show tonight also. I love the 4th wall skewing format, its done really well. If you want more Maria, check out the Comedians of Comedy with her, Patton Oswalt, Brian Posehn, and Zack Galifianakis. Also her Netflix special from her parents' living room is awesome. Also she did one of the best ever episodes of WTF podcast, which was recorded in a car and she talked candidly about being in a bad relationship. Also had a funny spot on an episode of Louie (season 2 I think). She's definitely a comedian worth seeking out more from. And if you haven't seen every ep of Louie... it's the best. The only reason comedians are getting their own creatively controlled shows now begins with Louie, that show is transcendant. I don't have any emotional connection with Ziggler any more (or Seeglar as Bret Hart would say--yea I listened to and laughed at his terrible podcast, and will again).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny....I binged the whole show, The Comedians Of Comedy (saw a bunch of my friend Kellen Terrett in it), and The Special Special Special all before I read this reply. I like jokes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Funny....I binged the whole show, The Comedians Of Comedy (saw a bunch of my friend Kellen Terrett in it), and The Special Special Special all before I read this reply. I like jokes.

    ReplyDelete