November 21, 2013

This is What's Going to Happen in 5 Months

What's up dudes,

I've kinda been enjoying the WWE stuff lately, but apparently not enough to do any write-ups or recaps or shows.  That last MMS I did was a stinker too, not my best work.  I figure we're probably all at about the same level of excitement with the product, that there's some cool stuff mixed into a mostly bland Raw.  Enough to merit a monthy post, but nothing to really "mark out" over.

The other day I was spacing out at work, thinking about the alliance between CM Punk and Daniel Bryan.  (Michael Cole called them an "unlikely pairing" or something like that on Raw, which is really fucking dumb because that's the most likely pairing in the roster).  Anyway, the main reason I wanted to make this post today is to make a prediction for Wrestlemania, or rather, for the build-up to Wrestlemania.  I think CM Punk is going to shave off Daniel Bryan's beard.  I think they'll get 20 minutes at 'Mania in a non-title grudge match, and I think Daniel Bryan will win.

I've seen a number of 'Mania predictions creeping into IWC conversations lately, and the speculations will only increase as we get closer to the big one-- it's 30 this year, XXX in roman numerals (too bad it's not the sleaze era of the early aughts, they would have called it 'Wrestlemania Triple X Rated' or some shit).  Hulk Hogan is a name that gets thrown around a lot, and everyone is eager to find out who Undertaker will face.  Some people even think Taker/Hogan could be in the works, but I don't think there's any way that'll happen.  First of all, Hogan can't bump for shit, and he would never go out on his back anyway.  Second of all, Taker's matches of the past five years have all been show-stealers.  There's no way he'd have an old-man-a-thon at such a huge event.  I don't, however, have any real solid guess as to who Taker could face, except maybe Brock Lesnar.  Yeah, actually now that I think about it, that sounds pretty good.  Okey so that's prediction #2: Taker beats Brock in a 35 minute No DQ match.

I can't decide if Hogan will be wrestling, or just a part of the show without wrestling, or not there at all.  His name attached to 'Mania does draw money, but he probably wouldn't come in just to lose a match which begs the question of who would lose to him?  Also, do we get the ketchup & mustard Hogan or do we get a full-on NWO Outsiders reunion?  I personally wouldn't miss him if he's absent, but something tells me he'll be around, at least long enough for a photo opportunity.  I don't have any real prediction for Hogan.

As far as the World titles go, I've got a safe bet and a wild guess.  Orton/Cena for the WWE title.  Del Rio/Barrett/Reigns for the WHWC.

I have a lot of other guesses for what could happen, but they're the kinds of things that could happen at any PPV between now and then.

So now the big question: what do you guys think will happen in 5 months?  Is it even worth your time to think about it?  Any matches you hope for or talents you want to see there?  I want to know your predictions, if you have any, and maybe the one among us who makes the most correct guesses will get a prize.

I guess we can talk more about this  in a few weeks, when our paths cross at the Rose Garden or elsewhere in the city.  I got some decent seats in the 100's diagonal to the ring, far side from the ramp.  I'm going with my pal Brendan, who's not a fan (I bought his ticket) but we'll have fun.  Let's be better organized next time, so that we can all sit together again, I really had a blast last time.

So to recap, here is my list of miracles:
1. Punk shaves off Bryan's beard (before 'Mania)
2. Punk vs. Bryan
3. Taker vs. Lesnar
4. Orton vs. Cena for the WWE title
5. Del Rio vs. Barrett vs. Reigns for the WHWC

Beat that!


Oh and one more thing..... FFFRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. I don't think WWE will let DBD shave.

    Taker vs. Lesnar almost seems like a lock.

    So does Cody Rhodes vs Goldust.

    Triple H will take on whoever Vince uses as his cronie for power of the WWE.

    I think the reason they wouldn't do Punk vs. Bryan is because other top guys need opponents.

    I don't know how Hogan will be involved. Will he be Vince's cronie?

    Will Goldberg come back to job?

    Will Big E and Reigns really become top guys so quickly?

    Will the American Pitbulls get over?!

    Will Tony Romo win more than one game in the playoffs?

    Oops...that has nothing to do with wrestling...nor do I really care.

    I don't know...this years Wrestlemania seems like such a crap shoot. It felt like we had a much better idea last year.

    Oh...and isn't it great that in the Era of very clear heels and faces....we've got Sheild/Wyatt family confrontations...and the Real Americans are basically faces with bad rhetoric (is that what the conservatives are?).

    I don't know....by the way...Survivor Series was a dud. That is all.

    ReplyDelete