November 29, 2011

THE RUSTY REPORT - 11.29.2011

Well old wrestle chum. Today marks a bittersweet day. November 29th 2010 was the last day of wrestle club here at OLIP HQ. I think you moved a day to two after that. BUT the good thing is that you are one whole year into your Canadian vacation. Maybe the Kliq will reunite someday. Till then our dorky clubhouse will remain SCW.

OK, on to the wrestling. And you gotta have a theme right?


So Smackdown was totally awesome. I was blown away by the whole beginning. Oh wait, lets do this first

RUSTY NICKLES FAV 5 ( IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER, (why am i yelling?))
Mark Henry
CM Punk
Dolph Ziggler
DBD
Tyson Kidd (i hardly ever see him but im always excited when he is on)
#6 goes to Ricardo Rodriguez. I love that guy

Back to Smackdown. Mark Henry opens the show with a promo that was cracking me up. He was being such a baby that i couldn't quit laughin. I never ever thought that i would end up loving Mark Henry. I liked him as a smiling low card giant and was confused when he started getting this push. But now im fully on board.

The bit with Show made me a little curious as to what might happen. In the back of my mind i was thinking about DBD and the MITB case. And when that music hit I went nuts. The most dramatic part what when DBD was trying to roll over Henry. I really thought he might not be able to flip him over at all. But he did and got the pin and i was freaking out. It was amazing, while it lasted. Teddy Long's reversal was great and i feel like this is going to boost DBD even more than if he would have actually won the belt. The audience may be behind him even more. I know that i cant wait to see more of him and his run for the belt.

The tag match with Swagger, Ziggler, Ryder and Shamus was awesome too. It felt like they actually got some time to wrestle. I had a great time watching this match. Jeez, i must have been in a good mood because i also liked the next match with Ted DiBiasi and the Wendy's girl. Howbout that?!
----------------------------------

I don't have any extra curricular wrestling to talk about. Not even Impact. I'm in a little dip when it comes to watching wrestling. This was the first time i have even watched smackdown in weeks. Why? Im back at home and dont have as much mope out time to drown in wrestling. I suspect that i may have more to talk about next week, look for that in the revamped Rusty Report.
-------------------------------------------

RAW
I really liked this episode of RAW. Again i think they gave the matches time to become interesting. It had just the right amount of backstage stuff to keep the flow going. Plus CM Punk was awesome all over the show. That never hurts.

PIPERS PIT
I dunno man, Piper is a legend and a local hero but he still freaks me out. He is so wild and strange that he makes me nervous. But that loose cannon style is what makes him great on TV. I feel like they furthered the Cena transition and made it very interesting. Where will Cena go? When will he snap? I dunno. But I cant wait. I have a feeling that the Cena story is going to be awesome. I hope anyway.

MIZ vhs JOMO
See that typo above? I got VHS on the brain at all times i guess.
Anyway. I didn't really watch much of this match. After the pre match beat down i didn't really care. Plus i hate the miz now that Truth is gone and miz is back to being an lame looking "tough guy". He really is horrible.

What i didn't know while watching this match is that it was JOMO's last before leaving the WWE. I guess his contract has expired and he is moving on. What a way to go. Kinda sad. But you know, i wouldn't be surprised to see him back someday. Ill miss his slow-mo intro.

BACKSTAGE
The Laurenitis, Otunga, ADR, Punk backstage segment was awesome. I gotta admit, i like Otunga and Laurenitis. They are cheesy and old school. ADR is back to being a legit, non wussy, bad guy again now that he lost the belt. And Punk just walks around and gives everyone shit. This segment was gold.

ZIGGLER vs RKO
I cant stand Randy Orton so much that i cant watch a match of his. He Fucking pisses me off. I cant take his blank stare and lame smile anymore. I think im going to stop watching his matches completely so i don't get mad. Wrestling is supposed to be fun.

Ziggler rules tho. He won. Joe and I cheered.

Zach Ryder vs Swagger.
Man, swagger sure fell off the face of the earth didn't he. He used to be great. Now he aint. I dunno what happened. Zach Ryder on the other hand, not great. To me he is just a weird bandwagon fluke that is going to burn out quick once the joke gets old. Woo Woo Woo, you know it, You cant get far on a few catch phrases. Or can you? Look at the Rock. Thats all he was, but i feel like he could talk his way thru situations. I havn't seen Ryder on the mic enough to be swayed that he can handle a actual feud.

Im not saying that he sucks at wrestling or isn't talented. Dont get me wrong. Im just not convinced yet. We will see on this guy.

KANE VIDEO
Im stoked on this. Kane is always great. I cant wait to see him back, mask or not

PUNK vs ADR
Another great match by these guys. They both are great with their kicks and different subtle style. Punk grew up in the indies and ADR was a Luchador, so they both have a style that's not just WWE. I loved that spot with the chair. Thats classic wrestling stuff you dont see anymore. And i also loved ADR taking off the turnbuckle pad. For some reason that's always great.

Punk wins, still champ. wrestling rules.
--------------------
IN OTHER NEWS
Im going to see DOA wrestling with my dad on december 10th. Will you be around? It would be awesome to have you come with us.
---------------

SMACKDOWN is on tonight for some unknown reason. Another report tomorrow.

-Scuzzy, fuzzy and red
Rusty




1 comment:

  1. I don't think I'll be around that early in December, but that would definitely be fun!

    ReplyDelete